Morning peeps. It is very cold here. I actually got to make a card yesterday. I hope you are all keeping safe? I the same as everyone hope all this virus is going to end soon. It is sending me batty, especially as I live on my own and my family are no where near me.
My Gatefold Card Laying Down
Products Used
Digi Image :- Country Rose Bouquet and Sentiments - Grace Upon Grace - Graceiellie Designs.
Coloured with Markers
Old Paper D.I.
Happy Birthday - Computer Generated.
Dies:- Standard Circle Large - S4-114
Petite Scalloped Circles Large - S4-115 - Spellbinders
B/p - Country Lady - L.O.T.V. & Nitwit Collections
Ribbon from my stash.
Thank you for looking.
11 Challenges Entered
Hugs





16 comments:
A beautiful card Cathy,love the style.xxx
Such a pretty card with beautiful colouring x Thanks for sharing at 613 Avenue Create xx Please join us again.
https://wwwkraftyjean.blogspot.com/
A gorgeous card Cathy, lovely design.
Keep safe
Lorraine x
Wow, it's a gorgeous Card Cathy!!
I love the sentiments and the bow is a lovely touch and ties in with the image. You've coloured it beautifully hun!
Love and hugs, Sue B xxx
Well, first I want to say that your card is BEAUTIFUL. I love the folds, the sentiments and the gorgeous colors. I'm SO grateful that you share your wonderful art and talents with us in our challenges. THANK YOU so much, and please know how much I appreciate it.
Second, I want to say that I totally understand what you're saying about "going batty" and feeling alone. However, I want you to always remember that you are NEVER alone. The Lord, Jesus Christ, is with you ALWAYS. Please try your best to remember that; and next time you're feeling lonely, simply ASK Him to comfort you and to help you feel His presence, and to perhaps even send a special friend your way. God loves you (and all of us) SO very much. I am always here to pray for you (and in fact, I just did). Any time you need encouragement or prayer, feel free to email or message me on my blog and I will pray for you. God's Word tells us "I will never leave you or forsake you", and that is so true. Call on Him for the peace and comfort you seek.
Again, THANKS for sharing your talents with us.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
This is beautiful Cathy :-)
I hope your son is better xx
Beautiful gatefold card and image-love the gorgeous bow.Thank you for joining us at 613 Avenue Create
Carol DT x
I know exactly what you mean I have hubby and daughter lives with us to help and still sending us batty!The cold wet weather doesn't help either.
Carol x
Hi, Cathy! Your pretty gate-fold card is lovely! Thanks for showing it both closed and opened so we can take a gander inside. The happy flowers are especially beautiful! I can imagine your feelings of aloneness and isolation, Cathy. It took me a while to become accustomed to it 25 years ago, when I became homebound. Each one of us has an opportunity to reflect on our lives and learn more about ourselves and the world around us - but it must be so difficult in particular for those who deal with that feeling of isolation. I hope you are soon able to enjoy the company of others again. It's been several weeks now since Florida was completely opened up. Interestingly, it seems like more people are wearing masks NOW than when we were not fully open. Maybe it made people be responsible for themselves and accountable to others without the government butting in? Isn't that crazy? And our infection numbers are down, too. I'm grateful we have learned that the masks can be so effective in stopping the spread. Hoping an effective vaccine is soon available, and that you are soon able to get out and about.
I couldn't help but smile when you said it was cold there. Our world is so incredibly amazing. A cold front came in and we went down to the mid-to-upper 80s here, but now we are back up in the low 90s. Another cold front is arriving in a few days, and we will be back down in the 80s. That will be nice. Do you do any gardening? Once the days cool into the lower 80s, I try to plant snap dragons and sometimes pansies, so the pollinators still have something to feast upon here. The periwinkles will bloom until an odd freeze occurs, and the pentas continue blooming until that same freeze grabs them. But then, as soon as the warm weather returns, usually within a day or two, all new growth shows up!
I have not made a gatefold card for a long time, but you have inspired me today. Thank you for sharing your pretty card! Sending warm cyber hugs your way.
hugs,
de
Cathy your beautiful flowers are showcased so well by being made into a gatefold card. It is definitely a lot colder in the UK at the moment so I am sending you a warm hug. I am sorry you are alone with no family close to you. Keep a positive mindset, keep busy creating beautiful cards like this. At the start of the pandemic I made lots of cards and gave them to friends and family to give them a little bit of joy. Perhaps you can do the same?
Thank you very much for entering your lovely card into our challenge. Good luck with the prize draw.
Stay healthy, happy, keep crafting and Creating Joy :)
Mandy ♥
DT for Through The Craft Room Door
Made By Mandy – My personal Blog
Beautiful card and love your gorgeous colours. xx
What a wonderful card, love the fold, the image and all your design. I agree about the virus, it's affected so many people in so many ways. Keep safe and well. Thank you so much for joining us in our challenge at QKR Stampede this week. Good Luck and looking forward to seeing you again in our next challenge.
Faith A DT
Such a gorgeous card Cathy, beautiful design xx
Beautiful and elegant card, such a pretty poppy image too, thanks for joining us at Crafty Catz this week x
This is gorgeous, lovely work. I can understand your angst with this horrid virus, there seems to be no end to it world wide. Just awful. When we were in total lockdown, I found my colouring and card making helped me a great deal. So sorry to hear you are so far away from family. Keep safe. Thank you for sharing with us over at Morgan's Artworld. We hope to see you again.
~ Annette DT
Love this! Thanks for joining us at the QKR Stampede Challenge. kReN@afourthlife
Post a Comment