It has been a very difficult journey for me since my beloved died. I have done something today that I know he wouldn't approve of and I know my Salvation Army minister's will frown on but I just felt I was getting a message from the Lord that he wanted me to do it. It has been 14 months since Tony died and I have only just had his inquest on Tuesday. It is a very long story why it has been so long and I will not bore you with it.
I have today had two tattoos.
The one for My Beloved.
This is on my rib cage under my bra line on the left hand side.
The one for The Lord
This is obviously along my foot. Many of you know that I am nearing the end of my course to join the Salvation Army as a Soldier. I hope that I can be forgiven for doing this by my darling Tony - my training mentor and the Major. I felt that these two things have overwhelmed my life the past 14 months.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

12 comments:
Oh bless you must do what you feel is right. I a, glad you have found something you love doing and which will be of benefit to many people in the years ahead xx
I love both tattoos Cathy! and they have such special meanings for you. You have had a very rough time indeed, so I hope now things will begin to turnaround for you. You have a new and exciting journey to begin! Lots of Love Sue XxX
Cathy you do what you feel is right for you and I am sure it's for no one's approval but your own and comfort.xx [aNNie]
Hi Cathy I think that you have done the right thing you obviously had a very strong feeling that this was needed and you will carry them forever.
Love & hugs
lorraine x
Enjoy your new tattoos Cathy. I am sure they mean something very special to you!
Laine
xx
Well done Cathy, do whatever helps you to carry on xxx
Hi, Cathy! How brave you are to endure the pain of tattooing. Exciting! Jesus always said it was what came OUT of a man's heart/mouth that showed what he was like. These thoughts of love are from your heart, so no forgiveness needs to be requested. They are like photographs hanging on the wall, or in the wallet. They are like scrapbook pages you can take with you anywhere, and enjoy at any time. And they were done spiritually NOT to impress others, but as part of your own unique journey. If Love is the motive, and Love provides the strength to do something, and if Love is what helps us decide upon a course of action, then Love Himself has journeyed with us in the endeavor - from the very beginning, and all along the way. Tattooing would be "wrong" only for those who are prejudiced against it. But certainly, it is deeply personal, just as your relationship with Christ is deeply personal - and each relationship is uniquely different! Enjoy the Loveliness you have just added to your life, and be thrilled with the strength and sheer will it took for you to now be comforted and happy with the remembrances. xx
It's certainly not a sin to have a tattoo, Cathy and to endure the time it took to have them done and the meaning of them, I am one who is happy for you that you have them. I'm sure your Tony wouldn't begrudge them either.
Hugs, Sandy
(ps - I deleted the original only because I spelt something wrong, lol)
I admire you ...
Hugs xx
Thank you De for your lovely message and I will always hold your words to my heart.
Hugs
Cathy
xxxx
A brave lady, good on you..hope your ok.
Hugs Babs x
Post a Comment