Friday, 27 March 2015

Cruise Ship

Hi Peeps.  Hope you are all well and are having some decent weather.  I think ours is yet to arrive!!! I got soaked yesterday going food shopping and it is likely to be the same today.

My card today is another one of my commissioned 5 card order.  I was just thinking that I was working well reducing them when another lady asked me if I would make a card for her daughter's 60th birthday.  Her hobby is Synchronised Swimming and the card needs to show this!!!  Three years ago I had enough trouble with her other daughter's as she works for the local football club and she wanted a lady playing football on the card.  Her Granddaughter's had to show a Radiologist on the card as that's her job.  All three I was told not to make feminine at all as they are not feminine in the slightest.

For today's card I was told it had to have a Cruise Ship on it as the man is always going on cruises. Lucky man that's what I say.  Lol!!!  Also no larger than A5 of course.

My A5 Landscape Card



Products Used

Image :- Free image from Google from the actual company the gentleman has travelled with.
Card Stock :- Baby Blue Shimmer
                    Liquid Silver - Limetree Crafts
Dies:- Pierced Rectangles Stax - Die-namics - MFT
          Lace Corner Deco B - B162 - Cheery Lynn Designs
Embossing Folder :- Embossalicious
Bp :- From a Craft CDROM - Already printed and in my stash - sorry I have forgotten which one it came from.
Sentiment :- Computer generated
Charms and Bakers Twine are from my stash

5 Challenges Entered
http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-116-anything-goes-woptional.html
http://trimmiescraftchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-304-26th-of-march-inspired-by.html - Titanic
http://craftyhazelnutspatternedpaper.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/craftyhazelnuts-patterned-paper-march.html
http://ema-ginationstation.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/AG-no-26.html
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/2015/03/challenge-99.html- Anything Goes

Thank you for looking and enjoy your day.

Hugs





14 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous,love the fab image.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome card Cathy, how great you got the same picture that the person is using for their cruise....lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I like this! You nailed this one! I think it's so fun to have these commissions - and you get paid for making cards! What a dream! I love seeing what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never charge the lady for the making time, only for materials used. I don't always charge for all that's used as they just wouldn't pay it. I just have the fun of making them. Here in my apartment block they go and buy 5 cards for £1 from the market. Lol!!! So what ever I charge to them is expensive.
      Hugs
      Cathy
      xxxxx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful bon voyage card, Cathy! Love that you were able to use a photo with it, and keep the color theme monochromatic! hugs, de

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Cathy. You worked well with the brief given. Enjoy your weekend. Hope it heats up for you soon.
    Laine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great image for the man going on a cruise, fabby colours and design Cathy, I am not fond of doing commissioned cards but you always seem to tailor make them perfectly. We have had nice weather here for the last 2 days a hard frost this morning then sunshine, it clouded over but no rain.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card Cathy, the charms look fab with the image...just perfect for someone who loves going on a cruise.
    Hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Hugs
    Wendy xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Cathy, I like the image of the ship and the charms
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You sure get to challenge yourself, Cathy. Those aren't easy orders, lol! But this one you solved elegantly. Perfect image for the chosen theme and fun matching charms too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Inspiration Destination this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That image and the charm are a perfect match. Well done, Cathy!
    hugs, Asha

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for joining my Craftyhazelnut's Patterned Paper March challenge with your delightful crafting - hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete
  13. My goodness, those are challenging commissions, hun! I love your 'Titanic' card, it's so elegant! thanks for joining in at CRAFT Challenge!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete