Thursday, 18 July 2013

Carol's 70th Birthday Card

Hi Folks.  Just finished doing my ironing, boy was it hot!!!  Hope you are all surviving the hot weather that we are having in the UK, we are just not use to it are we?  I do prefer this to the cold though.  My card is another just because I wanted to.  It is for a lady in the apartment block but her 70th isn't until next year.  Lol!!!  I do work in front.  Lol!!!

6 x 6 Card

Standing

Laying Down

Products Used

Rubber Stamp:- Vintage Photo, no name or make on it.  Bought it years ago on E bay - never used it before. Lol!!!
Ink Pad :- Versafine Vintage Sepia
Card stock:-Violet
                  Iridescent Gold Dust - Limetree Crafts
Bp :- from stash - no name, again had it years.  I really didn't want to hide it with anything as it has lovely Vintage Ladies on it.  Oh well it had to be used sometime.
Distressing tool :- Tim Holtz
Soufflé white pen - Sakura
Lace:-  THE HOBBY HOUSE - bought at Stamperama Stevenage Feb this year
Flowers:- Miss Godivas Lilac item#556815 - Prima Marketing - MY CRAFTY HEART
Heart and the String of Pearls :- LIVE AND LOVE CRAFTS
Doily from my stash
70 cut using:- A Cuttlebug Alphabet die

Thank you for looking.

10 Challenges Entered
http://avenue613.blogspot.co.uk/ Ch#28 - Anything Goes
http://anythingchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Ch#97- Anything Goes
http://craftysentiments.blogspot.co.uk/- Female Birthday's
http://www.ladyanneschallenges.com/stamp-challenge.html Ch#10- Anything Goes
http://lejdesignschallengeblog.blogspot.co.uk/ Ch#62- Anything Goes
http://liveandlovecrafts.blogspot.co.uk/ Ch#13 Tina's July Sketch (See below) I might of lost the plot.  Lol!!!
http://ppp-makeitmonday.blogspot.co.uk/ MIM#149 - Anything Goes
http://sisteractcardchallenge.blogspot.co.uk/Ch#15 - Anything Goes
http://hobbyhousechallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ Ch#2 - Vintage (3rd entry)
http://www.craftdoormagazine.com/ July 16 - July 22 - Anything Goes

Hugs

                                             XXXXXXX



24 comments:

  1. Beautiful ,love the design and gorgeous colours.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty 70th card Cathy, lovely colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card Cathy, the sketch suits the photo so well too. I'm sure the lady will be delighted with her card. Have a good day. Hugs Rita xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the vintage feel to this! Lovely!

    Thanks for joining us at Sister Act Card challenge this week

    Angeline DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Cathy love the design. Just been browsing your other recent creations you've made some fab cards
    Bettyxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a beautiful card Cathy. I love the image, gorgeous colours and fabulous detailing
    hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, I love the sketch and your interpretation is fab, thank you for joining us over at Anything Goes for our anything goes challenge xhugsx Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh so gorgeous, love the lace and the flowers so pretty, thank you for joining us at the Hobby House for our 2nd challenge
    Hugs Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know how I do it myself sometimes lol take care hun
    Hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Kathy this looks all beautiful and vintage love that image also the wonderful colours and design a superb card. I am like you I much prefer the cold than this heat it is so unbearable I would love to have our British Summer rain back.
    hugs
    lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow... so pretty. I came over from MIM for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful vintage card Cathy, I like the sweet image, and the design.
    Kevin xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous vintage card Cathy. The image and embellies look fab,
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful card! Thanks for sharing it with us over at Crafty Sentiments and good luck! Lotsa luv, hugs xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. gorgeous vintage card Cathy and love the soft lilac shades!
    Kim x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a gorgeous vintage card! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments for our Female Birthday Challenge! Good luck and hope you can join us for our next challenge, Susan xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love your vintage birthday card Cathy and such a thought !! Thanks for joining us this week at Crafty Sentiments Designs !!

    hugs Diane xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kathy - I must bow to your forethought here - my birthday cards are usually made a week or less!!! before the date. lol.

    This is beautiful and I am sure she will love it. Love the colours sooo much.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    PS My ironing is still waiting this week, I know I am daft because it will be twice as much next time but I am just toooooooo hot.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you for taking the time and effort to join in LEJ Designs Challenge Blog, Challenge No 62 - Anything Goes

    This is absolutely gorgeous. The colours are beautiful and the vintage/shabby chic look really does look wonderful. I love the image and all the layers and embellishments.

    We have weekly challenges, so hopefully I will see more of your entries in these future challenges :D

    Hugs Lisa xxxx LEJ DT Member

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful card. Love the colour. Thank you for joining us at The Hobby House.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful sweet vintage card:)
    Thanks for joining us at The Hobby House! Good Luck :) x
    hugs Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is a lovely vintage card. I think the style and design with all the lovely feminine touches, such as swirls, flowers and lace, are such great choices for a woman's 70th!

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOL Cathy you do think ahead! Love the colors and all of the layers on this! That lace is just gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Through The Craftroom Door and good luck!
    Kathi
    DT Member

    ReplyDelete