Saturday, 3 March 2012

Craft Your Day's Away Challenge#40 DT Card

Morning Peeps.  It is Saturday so it means another super Challenge is about to start over at
 CRAFT YOUR DAY'S AWAY .  This fortnight our theme is "Mothers Day"  being as it is only two weeks away.  This is the choice of our lovely Donna.

Our sponsor is:-

The DT team were given some great images to work with.

My 8 x 8 DT Card
I couldn't bring myself this year to actually put Mothers Day on my card as I haven't long lost both my Mum and Dad.  I have put on the sentiment :- thanks for always being in my Balcony which was a freebie from Sentimental Sundays.

The image is "Victorian Birdcage" from Meljens Designs.  The colouring medium is Promarkers and Sakura Glitter pens, although you can not see the glitter in the photograph.  I have used Antique Linen DI round the edges.  I have used "S4-319 Lattice Rectangles Die" by Spellbinders.  The dp is from the "Mariposa Stack" 8 x 8 PS-006-00056 by DCWV, it is really lovely but the glitter effect doesn't show up in the photograph and the colours are a lot deeper.  The Lace and Rose heads are from my stash.

Hope you have fun playing this Challenge and good luck.

I would like to enter this for:-
ALLSORTS CHALLENGE -  Wk144 - Spread your Wings
CRAFTS AND ME - Ch#73 - Pretty in Lace
DO YOU STACK UP - #61 - Things with Wings
PAPER CRAFTING JOURNEY - Ch#4 Anything Goes
PAPERPLAY CHALLENGES- Wk9 - Something Old, Something New( Old lace,die - New dp and digi Image)
PATTIES CREATIONS - Ch#38 - Vintage
ONE STITCH AT A TIME - Ch#102 - Use a Digi Spring/Easter
                                                                     
                                                                        Hugs


                                                 xxxxx

22 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Cathy
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cathy, I love that beautiful image, I've never seen that before and it goes beautifully with those gorgeous papers. Have a lovely day, Hugs, Teresa x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this card Cathy, really classy, fab details, just stunning, Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A stunning card Cathy. Those papers are gorgeous and I love the sentiment you have used too.

    Hugs Sarahxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Cathy, love the image and sentiment along with the beautiful paper!
    Thanks for entering our Spread your Wings challenge over at Allsorts this week and good luck!
    Hugs Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. stunning shaped card!
    thanks for playing with us at paperplay this week
    hus
    céline

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful image so perfectly matched with the gorgeous DP's and stunning sentiment.
    Thanks for playing along with us at Allsorts this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card, love the vintage touches!
    Thanks for playing in our 'Vintage' Challenge #38, and for using a Digital OR Stamped image!
    Sandi ♥
    DT Coordinator for Pattie's Creations Challenge!
    and Pattie's shop
    Home of Pattieboop and Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Cathy - love this image (I have just used this for a DT card that I shall be posting soon but sshhh don't tell anyone!!!!)
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful Card, thanks so much for playing with us at OSAAT.

    I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

    Xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just beautiful Cathy.

    Thanks so much for joining in my Things with Wings theme at Allsorts this week, good luck and hope to see you again.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW, this is so beautiful! I love everything about it. Thanks for joining us at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    Hugs
    Pattie ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's so cute! Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful papers and perfect for your image. =) Thanks for joining us for the Anything Goes challenge at PCJ! ~Christy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your card is beautiful. I love your choice of sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! this is beautiful Cathy! what a sweet image and the paper is perfect with it. I love the frame and the lace and the sentiment is wonderful !!
    Hope you have a good week!
    Big Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my word Cathy this is absolutely beautiful, I love that image and the frame, those papers are gorgeous.
    hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful card. LOVE the papers and that image is so cute! Thanks for joining us at DYSU!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh What a beautiful Card, Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Play this week:-)
    Hugs
    Karen
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful DT inspiration, thanks so much for sharing with us.

    I have some yummy blog candy here‘s the link if you are interested

    Xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete