Monday, 1 August 2011

Karen's Doodles Challenge#74

Morning you lovely people.  It is Monday morning so it must mean it is time for another super Challenge over at  KAREN'S DOODLES CHALLENGE BLOG.  I am so excited and a little nervous to say the least as it is my first week on the team.  So treat me gently.   This week our theme is RECYCLE (use something that had a purpose before).

My 8 x 8 DT Card

The image I have used this week is   "SANTA CRUISIN".  You can pick up other images HERE.  I have printed the image on to the same card that I usually use.  I have coloured it with Promarkers.  Then I photocopied it onto printable linen.  I bought mine from Crafty Computer Paper. The cardstock is Stardream from Joanna Sheen.  Dp's are "Be Good :Ornaments" by Cosmo Cricket - "Peaceful Dream" Dream Lines/Relaxing Red Paper 29th Street Market " by Jen Wilson from My Minds Eye.  As you can see I have used a redundant Cross Stitch ring.  I thought at the time I would be as clever as my Step Daughter but it never happened!!!!

Why not join us in this super Challenge.


Anyone can enter our challenges but remember only entries using KAREN DOODLES images will
be eligible for the first place prize and Card of the Week.
  • 1st Place - 3 Digi stamps of your choice from Karen's Doodles  and Card of the Week Blinkie, awarded to the DT choice of best entry using a Karen's Doodles image
  • 2nd Place - 2 Digi stamps of your choice from KAREN'S DOODLES
  • 3rd Place - 1 Digi stamp of your choice from KAREN'S DOODLES
But most importantly ENJOY YOURSELF!!!!
Hugs
Cathy
xxxxx

33 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Cathy,such a good idea.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adoreable Cathy, love the use of the hoop and sewing thread/needle, very inventive and totally gorgeous :)

    Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning work Karen, I love it
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cathy I absolutely love this. What a brilliant idea!! A gorgeous card
    Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Cathy on making the team, I love this idea, very different, you shouldn't worry your cards are amazing, Gaynor xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is so creative, Cathy:O) I LOVE it! Great design, love the use of tread and needle:O)
    Have a lovely week!
    Hugs, Nancy;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh,my this is fabulous,hun,love the tread and the needle!
    Awsome!
    Have a great week!

    Hugs,Kari :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow wow wow! This is really amazing. I love how you have done this. First time I saw it I was blown away!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea....turned out marvelous and thanks for the tip on the photocopying! I love it

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card love that cute image and a clever idea. Thanks for joining us at TPS, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo HOOOOOO!!!!!! well done for getting a spot on the DT!! GREAT news! and your first Project is AWESOME!!! many congrats yay!! hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzer Cathy this is excellent what a brilliant idea and a great image love this big time.
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cathy this is just brilliant. I don't think I have ever seen this before... you may well start off a craze x

    hugs sally x
    sallysbitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely, just perfect for our challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week. Debbiexx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Cathy

    This is totally fabulous and such a unique idea - I bet your new teamies are delighted to have you on their team!

    Speak soon

    Hugs

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cathy. Congratulations on your DT position. I haven't seen one of these cards using an embroidery frame in a long while. Great job on this one - it's a great card. Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers.
    Tine :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards...such cute images...thanks for joining us this week at TPS…..
    Hugs Judith

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Catrhy,
    Congrats on your DT spot, your card is just brilliant and so origanal to, really love it, thankyou for sharing it with us at CraftyCatz this week.xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great card - love the sewing embellies! Good Luck with the sweetstampin challenge xx Kozmik xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ha, fancy seeing you lol. Fantastic card,thanks for sharing with us at craft your passion and good luck, Gaynor DT x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a fabulous and unusual idea - very effective! Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week. Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your card especially the 3-D part of it. So Cute. Thanks so much for taking part in our Come and Get it Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great Santa! Thanks for sharing with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh this is gorgeous, you are making me want to get my cross stitching out it's so adorable. Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fabulous Cathy and such a brilliant idea.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Very clever card! Love that image. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent with us at Frosted Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Cathy
    A gorgeous card thankyou for joining us this week at CraftyCatz
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love the whole concept of this card! Especially the part of copying a coloured image over to fabric (I will have to lift that idea).
    And putting the greeting on the yarnbanderoles - Perfect!
    Good luck, and thanks for joining us at Fussy and Fancy.
    Lisbeth K

    ReplyDelete
  29. what a great card and very clever with the ring. Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a gorgeous idea. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at ALLSORTS this week, good luck & hope you’ll join us again!
    Hugz Fleur xXx

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is brilliant!! :) Love this idea, its fabulous.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week,

    hugs

    xxalisonxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a clever card thanks for playing in our free and easy challenge this week at Allsorts..

    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete