Monday, 7 June 2010

Crafty Ann Challenge#16

Good Afternoon. The weather can not make up it's mind today what it is going to do. I have just had a manicure/eyebrow wax done at home. First time I have had this done at home and it seemed quite strange. I usually go and have them done at a saloon but they have gone bust, which is a shame as for one thing they sold my cards there and also I enjoyed going out to have them done. The girl who use to do them at the saloon has started up a mobile business.

My card today is for Crafty Ann Challenge#16 - Fly the Flag. It has to be National Flag colours + skin,stem,leaf tones. To enter this challenge click here .

For my card I am backing England, Red/White/Blue. The bp is "Polished Stone Brights - Royal Blue" from Crafty Ann. It has been printed onto Satin Photographic paper. The image is "Poppies" from Paper Ink Color. The colouring medium is Promarkers. The butterfly wings have been picked out in places with "Cosmic Twinkles" Aqua Twinkles. The white ribbon is from my stash.

Thank you for looking and I hope the weather is kind to you today.

Cathy
xxxx

7 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous Cathy! You've nailed the challenge brilliantly. The ps paper looks fabulous printed onto the satin paper - I must admit that I like this for printing on too. The whole card is perfectly balanced.Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's again.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Cathy,those poppies look stunning.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, wow,wow Cathy you are one awesome crafter your work just gets better and better even though I have always loved your work I think these challenges bring out that something extra in us and you are amazing just like this card it is grand. The papers and image are just a pure delight thank you for sharing it with us at Crafty Ann's
    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy me again.I have left an award on my blog that I would love you to accept.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely Cathy - and so seasonal - there are poppies everywhere at the moment.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Cathy, love the poppies and that bp looks fab!! Brilliant take on Crafty Ann's challenge
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great card, Cathy and so fitting for the challenge.
    Those lovely poppies look so vibrant against the blue BP.
    Thank you for joining us at Crafty Ann's again.

    x

    ReplyDelete