Saturday, 20 February 2010

3 Workshop Cards

Morning peeps. Sunny but frosty here today. I hope the snow keeps away from my area as I am going to my brother in laws on Tuesday for two days as it is his 80th birthday. He lives an hour and a half away so I don't want a snowy journey. Also looking forward to going to Stamperama in Stevenage next Sunday. As I said in my last posting I went to a Workshop in Harlow on Wednesday and below is some of the projects we did or started at the workshop.


This one was made using Friendly Plastic which I had never played with before. We did this card plus put some Friendly Plastic on top of a box. Not sure I would go out and buy any but looking at the book on it you can certainly do alot with the product.

This one I started at the workshop but made a right hash of the stamping so I didn't continue but brought the rest of the components home and the idea of what to do and did it at home. I didn't have the right rose or swirl stamps so I had to use what I had. The card has been distressed with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. Then spritzed with Lilac Dawn & Dusky Pink Cosmic Shimmer Mica Pigments mixed with water. My Rose stamp is from Anna Griffin and the Swirls from Creative Expressions. I have then picked out the swirls with Sparkles Diamond.

For this one we made the topper plate at the workshop and I have finished it off at home to make it into a card. We also worked on a tin box. The card is Star Dream from Joanna Sheen. The embossing Folder is "Bird Call" from Cuttlebug. We put the embossing folder through the Cuttlebug and used a metal square to emboss it on. We then used Alcohol Inks by Adirondak to pick out the design. You can't see in the picture very well but I have mounted the design on to green and pale blue Mirri card.

Thank you for looking.
Cathy
xx

11 comments:

  1. All Three cards are lovely Cathy, very inspirational.
    Jaette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow cathy you have been busy, all three are gorgeous, if I had to pick one though it would be number three.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous variety here Cathy. What a lot of inspiration. I haven't played with friendly plastic yet... looks like fun.
    Great trio!
    Hugs
    Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Cathy, you did a lot at your craft class!
    How great that you actually tried out lots of different techniques. I often see things that I like on people's blogs, but wouldn't have a clue how to go about them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Cathy lovely to see your finished cards from the craft day we had last Wednesday. Having sat next to you when you were doing the Rose card and knowing how annoyed you were with yourself for spraying too much spritz - you were too hard on yourself - look how lovely you made it now!!!! Love the added detail of the Diamond sparkles to the swirls - but you know me with sparkles and swirls! Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Three very different techniques Cathy. I have never seen friendly plastic before. I love all three pieces, but I think the last one with the cuttlebugged bird is my favourite
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful work Cathy the techniques you have used are new to me especially the friendly plastic and tin but they are certainly effective and very eye catching I love them

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Three great cards Cathy, I love the 3rd one with the metallic embossing and alcohol inks. I know what you mean about the friendly plastic, I've got loads and rarely ever use it.
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are fab Cathy! looks like you had a lot of fun at the workshop and tried out lots of great techniques!
    Hugs
    Nicola

    ReplyDelete
  10. fabulous cards and so different
    chris xx

    ReplyDelete