Thursday, 3 December 2009

2 Baby First Christmas - + 3 Others!!!!

Morning on this very dismal looking day. Glad I am not going out anywhere today. Just waiting for my hairdresser to arrive. Appointment was 9am so I got up early and she rang at 8am and said she couldn't make it until 10am. Grrr!!! I know I promised no more baby cards last week but does Babies first Christmas count. Lol!!!!


This A4 card has been made with two downloads given to me by two dear friends as I thought the images went very well together. The snow has been produced by Polar White Flowersoft. The backing paper is from my stash.



This card was one of three cards that I made at my craft club last week. The instructions come from my craft friend Viv. It is a 6 x 6 square card. I do not know the stamps used as they were borrowed at the club. The Butterflys & Flowers were stamped on vellum and watercoloured with Frosted Mellow Cosmic Shimmer and Bronze Medallion Twinkling H20's. The pocket to put the sentiment in was produced this way.
1) Take a piece of patterned paper 19cm x 19cm. With pattern side down, fold in half. Turn and fold again (so you have 4 square sections)
2) Turn paper over so pattern is facing upwards. Fold one edge halfway to the middle, turn paper round and fold in the other side so that the edges meet in the middle. Repeat on the other 2 sides (so you have created 16 squares)
3) Lay the paper pattern side up. Fold the corners into the centre.
4) Turn paper back so plain side is up.
5) Fold the corners in half so you have 4 small triangles facing upwards on each other.
6) Push the sides in to make a square pocket.
7) Cut a piece of square card slightly smaller than 9.5cm
8) Slot inside the square pocket.



This card has been made by using a metal embossing template with white embossing paste. Afterwards glitter has been sprinkled over before it drys. Borders and greeting is silver peel offs. This was the second card made at my craft club and was Tina's idea.


This is the third card made at my club and was the idea of Natalie. Mine I afraid turned out a bit lopsided. Lol!!! The stamp was Natalie's so I am sorry I don't know which one it was.
Cut a piece of card
14cm x 28 cm
Score at 7cm
Score at 14cm
Mark at 21cm
Then mark 7cm up and cut from 7cm mark to mark with a craft knife. Fold along the score marks to produce this shaping of card.
For topper 9.4cm x 10.2 cm
Matting card 9.7cm x 10.5 cm



This last card is also an image off the download sheet from a dear friend. I have decoupaged the image. It is a 6 x 6 square card. The backing paper is from my stash. The sentiment has been computer generated.
Thank you so much for looking today and I hope the dismal weather isn't depressing any of you as I know that many of us get depressed in the Autumn/Winter dark days.
Cathy
xxxxx




5 comments:

  1. Oh so gorgeous, my word you have been busy. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely stunning selection of cards Cathy
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just gorgeous Cathy, you clever girl!
    You've been very busy and I love that you've used so many different techniques for these.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Cathy what can I say except, wow, your selection shown here are stunning all so different but so beautiful. well done you.

    Hugs
    Lorraine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Cathy, these are just gorgeous. You have been busy
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete