Wednesday, 11 November 2009

My Second Entry for Crafty Ann's Challenge Blog #1 - Let's Celebrate.

This is my second entry to Crafty Ann's first Challenge Blog - theme of 'Lets Celebrate' details can be found here Pop over to the challenge blog to check it out, you can as you can see you can enter more than once.
Ann is a very talented lady and has produced some lovely digi stamps and backing papers which can be found for sale on her site. To celebrate this first challenge there will be a prize for one lucky person. The winner will receive any 5 digi stamps and 5 backing paper collections of their choice. Currently there are 12 backing paper collections and 18 digi stamps - although there will most likely be more to choose from by the time the winner is announced at the end of the two weeks. You can check out what you might win on the pages at the top of the blog and they can of course be purchased from Ann now.
For this entry I have again used The Royal Horticultural Society Collection CDROM from Joanna Sheen, this is a 3 disc set and I have used Disc 2 for this 8 x 8 square card. It is from the Vintage Catalogue Covers section. I just had to use this CDROM as the card is for my Brother in law's 80th birthday early next year and he is a very keen gardener. The main card is made with Stardream card. The matting and layering is with gold mirri card which has had the edges embossed on a scoreboard. Both the topper and the backing paper have been printed from the CDROM, although I have altered the date on the topper as it had the date of 1905. He was born in 1930 so I altered it by using the snapshot tool and saved it and altered it through Paintshop Pro . The 80 and the name RON have been cut using Cuttlebug dies through my Cuttlebug. The insert has various photo's of him through his life.
I wish everyone the best of luck and hope you enjoy yourselves in taking part in this challenge.
Cathy
xxxx

7 comments:

  1. Your BIL will be over the moon with this Cathy, it's absolutely perfect and entering more than once is fine, your card is a new one (as opposed to having been on your blog before) so I have no problem with more than one entry and feel flattered that you were inspired to enter a second time. You're dead right, there'll be no stopping you now! lol!!
    Ann x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Cathy another stunner! This is fabulous and just perfect for your BIL with the personalised changes you've made.
    Thanks for joining us on CACB and well done on entering a second time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another fabulous card Cathy, your BIL will love it.
    Beryl x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Cathy hun

    this is gorgeous, what a fabulous centrepiece!

    Yes babys a girlie :O) our world is set to become all pink lol

    Joey.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Card Cathy and what do you mean break my camera!!!??? It's a lovely photo. Hope you didn't mind me putting you on my blog!
    Lynne. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic personalised card for Ron. I'm sure he'll love it. Thank you for sharing it with Crafty Ann's challenge.
    Beryl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this ... beautiful Cathy.

    Jane xx

    ReplyDelete