Sunday, 16 August 2009

A mixture of 5 projects.

This first card I made for a young lady who works in our building society. She just happened to mention that she is getting married on the 22nd of this month. I have used Stardream card from Joanna Sheen. The main card is an oyster colour and the topper card is pale pink. Sorry I can not remember the proper colour name. The image and backing paper are from "Victorian Romance CD-ROM from Joanna Sheen. I made an envelope box in the brighter pink pearlescent card to match.




These two cards have been made using the same CD-ROM "The Cardmaker's Year" from Joanna Sheen. I have used the same topper on both but have changed the colour and motif of the backing paper and main card. I have also used gold mirri on one and silver on the other. I think you will agree with me that it does make the card look very different.


This is the first time I have used this Pansy stamp but have had it in my stash for a long time. I don't know the maker it just says K-774 Santa Rosa CA. Stamped in VersaMark Watermark and embossed in Stamp-n-Stuff Detail Silver opaque.


This Mini Scrapbook was made at my once a month Craft Club in Messing run by Lynne. I don't think she will mind me giving you the instructions I don't know where she got them from.
For the back cover cut one 6 x 5.5 inch piece of thick card or chipboard, and one 8 x 7.5 inch piece of patterned paper. Cover the board with the paper, mitering the corners.
For the front cover cut two 3 x 5.5 inch pieces of thick card or chipboard, and two 5 x 7.5 inch pieces of patterned paper, and cover the board as before.
For the accordian binding, cut two 4 x 5.5 inch pieces of cardstock. Score and fold at 1/2inch increments and glue to the back cover. Be careful to line up the first fold with the edge of the cover.
Glue the remaining end of the accordian onto front covers.
Glue the outside accordion folds together to create a sturdy bookbinding.
You can increase the number of pages in your album by increasing the length of cardstock and adding more folds.
Cover the inside of both the front and back covers with patterned paper cut slightly smaller than the covers, making sure you cover the accordion edge.
For the pages, cut six pieces of cardstock 4.5 x 2.5 inches. Round two of the corners and stick the square edge to the accordion edge, spacing them out equally.
Next part is down to you, you have the basic mini album and it's time for you to decorate and embellish it as you choose.
I hope you have fun in creating this.
Thank you for looking today and I hope you are all well.
Cathy
xxxxx



7 comments:

  1. Wow, What Fantastic cards Cathy. I love them all ,but the lilies are just so striking. Well done. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely selection Cathy - must look out my cardmaker's year CD again.

    Mags

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy what lovely cards, If only.......... oh well I must practise more.
    x Lorrainne

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow fabulous cards and so well made

    chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just back to tell you I have left you an Award on my Blog. Hugs Rita xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Cathy, I couldn't pick a favourite if my life depended on it they are all fabulous.
    Many thanks for the award, I already have this one I got it last year sometime, but thank you for thinking of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What stunning creations Cathy, you have been busy!!

    ReplyDelete